Value-based payment programs reward healthcare providers with incentive payments for the quality of care they give to people with Medicare and Medicaid.
These programs are part of CMS’s larger quality strategy to reform how healthcare is delivered and paid for.
Value-based programs support better care for individuals, better health for populations, and lower cost.
- Paying for improved patient outcomes through value-based programs (VBC) reduces the demand to increase volume, making it possible to reward clinicians who:
- Emphasize prevention and wellness, while also providing ongoing treatment
- Focus on improving patient outcomes
- Focus on care coordination
- Support practice evolution
SUCCESS IN VALUE-BASED CARE
• Develop a relationship with NS IPAs established quality team and enjoy:
Successful transformation into VBC
Navigating the changing world of healthcare
Experienced extension of your practice
Primary focus on the development of your practice
Better patient outcomes
WHAT CAN YOUR OGANIZATION DO NOW?
The goal is to have close to 100 percent of reimbursements tied to value-based contracts by 2025. So, get ready!
Regardless of where you are in your value-based care journey, it’s vital to become familiar with the key elements of VBC. Developing proper technical and operational support structures and investing in improving the skills of your organization are the first steps to success.
Are you ready to advance your value-based care efforts while still supporting your fee-for-service business? Wherever you are on your journey, NS IPA can help.